GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. ASSIGNMENT. Fairlane Folk Fest may at any time assign, transfer, charge, subcontract or deal in any other manner with all or any of its rights under the Agreement and may subcontract or delegate in any manner any or all of its obligations under the Agreement to any third party.
2. WAIVER. If a court or any other competent authority finds that any provision of the Agreement (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of the Agreement shall not be affected.
3. AMENDMENTS. We reserve the right to modify this Agreement from time to time, and we will notify you of any material changes by posting the new Agreement on www.fairlanefolkfest.org and changing the effective date above.
4. LAW AND JURISDICTION. This Agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California, County of California, applicable to contracts made and to be performed within the State of California and without regard to the choice of law provisions therein.
5. ARBITRATION. Each party will promptly notify the other in writing of any dispute. Each party’s designated representatives will meet within ten (10) days following the receipt of such written notice and will attempt to resolve the dispute within fifteen (15) days. Any and all claims or disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement will be resolved by binding arbitration under the Commercial Rules, but not the administration of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitration will be conducted in California, California. The laws of the State of California (except its conflict of laws provisions) will govern the interpretation and enforcement of this Agreement and all disputes relating to this Agreement. Within ten (10) calendar days of service of a demand for arbitration, the parties will agree upon a sole arbitrator. If a sole arbitrator cannot be agreed upon, a panel of three (3) arbitrators will be named; each party will select one (1) arbitrator and the two (2) arbitrators selected by the parties will select a knowledgeable and impartial third arbitrator. There will be no discovery during the arbitration other than the exchange of the information and documents, which shall be provided directly to the arbitrator(s) upon request and approval of specific discovery requests. A final hearing shall be conducted within three (3) months of the appointment of the arbitrators. If damages are awarded, the arbitrator(s) will only award compensatory damages and will not award punitive or other non-compensatory damages. The prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney’s fees and costs associated with the action, including the prevailing party’s share of the arbitration fees (i.e., the prevailing party’s share of the sole arbitrator’s fees, or the cost/fee of the prevailing party’s arbitrator and it’s share of the third arbitrator appointed, if any). The decision of the arbitrator(s) will be final and binding and may not be appealed. A party may apply to any court having jurisdiction to obtain a judgment enforcing the decision of the arbitrator(s). The parties may cancel or terminate this Agreement in accordance with its terms and conditions without following the procedures in this Section.